The Postal and Courier Services Regulatory Commission (PCSRC) is the regulator for the postal and courier sector in Ghana. The Commission was established under the Postal and Courier Services Regulatory Commission Act, 2003 (Act 649). The Commission is responsible for implementation of national policies under the control of the Minister for Communications and in line with the National Postal Policy through its board - the Postal and Courier Services Regulatory Commission Board of Commissioners.
In line with Government of Ghana’s vision to transform the postal sector into a liberalized, modern and competitive service sector to meet the demands of the growing business community and the general public, the Ministry of Communications (MoC), promoted the enactment of the Postal and Courier Services Regulatory Commission Act, (Act 649) in August 2003.
The Act established the Postal and Courier Services Regulatory Commission as a regulatory body to license and regulate the operations of postal and courier services in Ghana in accordance with approved national policies.
The objects of the Commission are to;
- Promote and encourage the expansion of postal services for the social and economic development of the country
- Promote an efficient system for the delivery of mails nationwide in a manner responsive to the needs of mail users
- Promote fair competition among persons engaged in the provision of postal services
- Protect licensees and consumers from unfair conduct of other licensees with regard to quality of postal services
- Promote, generally, the interest of consumers
- Promote the advancement of technology related to the provision of postal services
- For the purposes of achieving its objectives PCSRC will perform the following functions amongst others:
- Grant licenses for the operation of postal and courier services and ensuring compliance with the license conditions
- Ensure fair pricing of basic postal services including letter boxes
- Set and monitor the quality of standards of postal and courier services
- Protect the universal (Basic) postal services by ensuring its provision throughout Ghana as far as practicable
A vibrant postal and courier sector where value for money and expanded customer choice is driven by innovative and customer focused providers.
To ensure adequate universal and competitive postal/courier services through the setting and enforcement of service standards and promotion of policies that will enhance innovation, efficiency and accountability in service delivery.